I believe that our health begins with what we put in our mouths, but that is just the beginning of the journey. Food is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to overall health and happiness. - Christiana, MS, RDN, CDE
Hi! My name is Christiana and welcome to Happy When Healthy.
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist wanting to reach out and connect to those who desire to be their happiest and healthiest self.
Happy When Healthy is an on-line counseling practice and a nutrition blog where you can find recipes, information about general nutrition wellness, healthy eating, diabetes education and more.
An area that is near and dear to my heart, but not limited to, is diabetes. I became a Certified Diabetes Educator after meeting my husband, who has Type 1 Diabetes, so that I could be a better support person for him and a better nutritionist for you. One of my goals is to help those who cannot manage their diabetes discover that they can.
Other areas of expertise:
- General Nutrition Wellness/Healthy Eating
- Weight Control
- Digestive Disorders
- Food Allergies/Food Intolerance
- Gluten Intolerance
- Heart Health
- Diabetes Education
- Maternal Nutrition/Gestational Diabetes/Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition
- Masters of Science in Nutrition from the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Registered Dietitian Nutrition
- Board Certified Diabetes Educator
- California Diabetes and Pregnancy Program Sweet Success Affiliate
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American Diabetes Association
- California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine