Roasted Salmon Tacos
Pro Tip: To reduce the amount of sodium in the recipe, I would use 1/2 of the recommended amount of salt that the recipe calls for.
- 3/4 lbs green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, unpeeled, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup good white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp minced fresh dill
- Olive oil for greasing the pan
- 1 3/4 lbs salmon fillets
- 2 tsp Chipotle Chile powder
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp lime juice, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ripe Hass avocados, seeded and peeled
- 3/4 tsp Sriracha
- 1 hr before you plan to serve the tacos, toss the cabbage, cucumber, vinegar, dill, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate so that the cabbage can marinate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the Chile powder, lime zest and 1 1/2 tsp salt in a small bowl. Brush the salmon with 1 tbsp of lime juice and sprinkle with Chipotle seasoning mixture.
- Spray or brush baking dish with olive oil. Place salmon on baking dish.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Warm up the tortillas
- Roughly mash the avocados with remaining 2 tbsp of lime juice, the Sriracha, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Place a dollop of the avocado mixture on one side of each tortilla, then some large chunks of salmon, and then some the slaw.
The Roasted Salmon Tacos recipe is from Cooking for Jeffrey by Ina Garten, published by Clarkson Potter