Coconut & Date Protein Bites
This recipe is from the Food & Nutrition Magazine that I subscribe to. You can easily substitute ingredients and change the recipe to suit your palate.
Those date/coconut balls were amazing! - jomohair
This is a great snack for a little pick me up during the day. They are high in fiber and protein. For those of you that are carb counting, each ball has about 5 grams of carbs in them.
Pro Tip: To reduce the sugar amount, choose plain greek yogurt instead of vanilla greek yogurt.
I could not find hemp seeds nor almond meal at my store, so I used 1/4 cup of grounded flax seeds and 1/2 cup of hazelnut meal instead.
- 1/4 cup siggi’s Vanilla 0% Yogurt
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, chopped (about 12 to 13 large dates)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, hulled
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut plus more for rolling
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend to desired consistency, you can leave in larger pieces for a crunchier texture.
- When desired consistency is reached, form 1-ounce balls then roll in the shredded coconut to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator.